Don’t turn your back on the Hamsters yet!
Please click the following link for an in-depth outview on the future of the “Hungry Hamsters” by producer Nick Sercombe – we might see the Hamsters next year!
HOW TO FINANCE HAMSTERS AND NOT ALIENATE PEOPLE
(Video will start automatically; please don’t click anywhere and ignore “registration” note)
Summary for the tl;dr (or rather, tl;dl) crowd:
- Production costs for one episode of “Hungry Hamsters” are 1 million quid *gulp*
- They have a writing team of 12 people on the case
- Major broadcasters are very much interested and love the show, but a decision on whom to sell the show has not been made yet
- All the stories have been written
- Production started in June 2008 (if nothing has changed since)
- They aim for a broadcast of the first six (of thirteen) episodes by either April or September 2009
Dear producers, sponsors, broadcasters: give us those friggin’ hamsters already! Give us DVDs! Computer games! Downloads! Soundtracks! Fugly merchandise (please not Made in China) we don’t really need but would buy, anyway! A fancy website! We can’t wait to throw our money in your direction; we’re fans, it’s what we do, and if we have the chance to invest in an original collectible Sparky as 007 hamster teapot warmer (mint on card, of course), we’ll do it!
See? There’s always hope. Special thanks to Steve Follows for this wonderful bit of information
(He’s the son of Dave Follows, one of the fathers of the Hamsters – see earlier entries under the “Hungry Hamster” tag)